Past Articles from Benji Heywood
Benji Heywood is the Director of Ultimate at the University of St Andrews, Scotland, and the Events Co-ordinator for UK Ultimate. He is also a coach-educator for UK Ultimate, and sits on the WFDF Ultimate Rules Sub-Committee. You can find more of his thoughts on the ‘Understanding Ultimate’ blog.
Other Popular Topics
Think of your body as a whip and let fundamental physics improve the length on your hucks.
May 16, 2017 by Benji Heywood in Opinion with 12 comments
Hucking into the wind is hard. But understanding the physics of throwing a disc can help you carve out an advantage.
Aug 13, 2014 by Benji Heywood in Analysis with 8 comments
What is wobble? How does it relate to the spin on the disc?
Apr 8, 2014 by Benji Heywood in Analysis with 34 comments
Recently I got an email from Mike Zargham of the MLU’s Philadelphia Spinners about team chemistry. I’ll let him say it.
Feb 25, 2014 by Benji Heywood in Opinion with 14 comments
Traditional wisdom says that power in a frisbee throw is developed from the ground up — what you might call the full kinetic chain.
Jan 27, 2014 by Benji Heywood in Opinion with 34 comments
- VC Ultimate’s Women’s Development Sponsorship Offers 20% Discount
- EuroZone: Continental Breakfast, National Championships
- 5 Ways The New RISE UP Captain & Coach Bootcamp Will Help Your Team
- [UPDATED] Throwing Form Project: A Video Archive Of Elite Throwers’ Mechanics
- Club Power Rankings, Presented By NUTC [Sep. 14, 2017]