College Power Rankings, Presented By NUTC [Mar 7, 2018]
Here are the latest College Power Rankings, presented by the National Ultimate Training Camp! These rankings can always been found on our permanent rankings page.
Every Wednesday, we will post the College Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
D-I Men’s Power Rankings
D-I Men’s Discussion
- We have a new #1 this week, after North Carolina won the Stanford Invite in impression fashion over Carleton. It’s their first turn at the top spot since March 15th of last year.
- Also moving up is Oregon, who took #2 after narrowly falling to UNC in the Stanford Invite semifinals.
- Carleton fell to #3 after a 13-8 loss in the Stanford Invite final, their much anticipated matchup with North Carolina.
- After going 4-3, including a big loss to Washington in pool play, Brown moved to #8. After that win, and a semifinal appearance, Washington jumped to #6.
- Wisconsin is the week’s biggest winner, gaining 12 spots to #7. Their resume: 5-2, with wins over Brown, Colorado, and Cal Poly. It’s a big bounce back from a disappointing shorthanded Florida Warm Up.
- Mixed performances for Southwest contenders, Cal Poly and California, pushed them further down the ladder. Cal Poly SLO lost three straight on Sunday, and fell the same number of spots to #12. Cal won just a single game and landed at #20.
D-I Women’s Power Rankings
D-I Women’s Discussion
- The top team outside of Dartmouth is now UC San Diego, who rose to #2 after crushing the competition with a 6-0 showing at the Stanford Invite. Their 13-8 win in the final over British Columbia was the cherry on top.
- Stanford fell to #4 after a surprising quarterfinal exit at the hands of Oregon. It ties their lowest rank since late in the 2015 season.
- #4 Colorado dropped seven spots after a 1-2 showing in pool play and a disappointing prequarterfinal performance. Their new home is at #11.
- After reaching the semifinals at the Stanford Invite, Ohio State gained six spots. It’s the highest they’ve been ranked since midseason in 2015.
- #17 California unceremoniously exited the rankings, a continuation of a downward spiral they’ve been stuck in this season. They narrowly escaped last place at the Stanford Invite with a late win over UC Davis.
- New to this week’s rankings: #19 Colorado State, #23 UCLA, and #24 Southern California. CSU made it to the final of Midwest Throwdown, including taking down Minnesota, and would have won it if it weren’t for the pesky teenagers on Triangle Tourists. UCLA made the bracket at Stanford Invite, while USC went 3-0 on Sunday.
- Victoria and Cal Poly fell below the cut line to make room for the new additions.
D-III Men’s Power Rankings
D-III Men’s Discussion
- Welcome Whitman to the top five, who moved up seven spots to #4 after an undefeated run through Big Sky Brawl.
- Dartmouth’s move to D-I removed them from the rankings, while St. John’s, Lewis & Clark, and Samford all lost their spots as well.
- Pacific Lutheran broke in at #14 this time around, after they won their home tournament in a 6-0 showing where they beat #15 Portland in the final, 15-10.
- Wesleyan made a surprise move into the rankings at #18. We didn’t get to see much of them at Bring the Huckus, but they went 6-0 at the West Point Classic.
- Puget Sound and Missouri S&T are both ranked this week, at #22 and #25, respectively. UPS got a blowout win over Lewis & Clark to make their claim, while Missouri S&T stands at 9-4 after Midwest Throwdown, where they got a nice W over Illinois State.
D-III Women’s Power Rankings
D-III Women’s Discussion
- St. Olaf finally made their debut, but 0-5 start to the season shoved them down thirteen spots to #16. Their win over North Park, however, keeps them in contention, holding them from a steeper decline.
- Speaking of, North Park entered the ranking at #19, following a win over Grinnell and some close losses to solid D-I squads.
- New entrants this week: #22 Colby and #23 St. Benedict. A 4-1 record for Colby opened their year, earning them their highest ranking in team history. St. Benedict went 6-1 at Midwest Throwdown, a very solid debut.
- Catholic and Allegheny, #24 and #25 respectively, dropped from the rankings.
More from Ultiworld
Atlantic Coast Showcase Concludes With NC State Games Vs. Virginia, UNC
College Power Rankings, Presented By NUTC [Mar 14, 2018]
Deep Look: AUDL, Northwest Challenge, Centex
The Friday Five: March Madness, Winter Weather, Single Games v. Tournaments
College Power Rankings, Presented By NUTC [Mar 21, 2018]
Kansas City Showcase To Feature Livestreams, AUDL Exhibition Games