Club Power Rankings, Presented By NUTC [Aug. 9, 2017]
Here are the latest Club Power Rankings, presented by the National Ultimate Training Camp! These rankings can always been found on our permanent rankings page.
Every Wednesday, we will post the Club Power Rankings here on the front page to facilitate discussion in the comments and serve as a permalink for each week’s rankings.
Men's Division Power Rankings:
- Seattle Sockeye take over the top spot in this week’s rankings after picking up two wins over the San Francisco Revolver juggernaut.
- A disappointing weekend for Boston Ironside sees them slip down to #7, their lowest ranking in more than a year.
- As the only teams outside the Top 10 in action this past weekend, both Philadelphia Patrol and Minneapolis Sub Zero performed roughly to expectations and did not do enough to move in the rankings.
Mixed Division Power Rankings:
- Seattle Mixtape reclaim the top spot in the Power Rankings this week thanks to their US Open victory. Also moving up with strong performances this past weekend are #2 Philadelphia AMP (who haven’t lost to any squad not hailing from Seattle this season) and #4 Minneapolis Drag’n Thrust.
- Despite going undefeated through two days in Blaine, Boston Slow White tumble down the list this week after a brutal Sunday that saw them lose to Drag’n and get crushed by AMP. They even slip behind crosstown rivals Wild Card, whose undefeated season — including a win over the defending champs — is looking better and better. A solid weekend from Connecticut Metro North sees the Northeast claim spots #5-7.
- San Francisco Mischief also drop this week after getting throttled by Slow and picking up a loss to Cincinnati Steamboat.
Women's Division Power Rankings:
- Not much movement in the women’s rankings this week, save a shuffle up in the Top 3. Denver Molly Brown move into pole position with their performance at the US Open, including an overtime win over Brute Squad.
- All other Top 10 teams in action in Blaine — as well as Philadelphia Green, who won a local tournament — performed to expectations this weekend and hold steady.
More from Ultiworld